TODAY :    
 
FOREX: RATES
 
 
 
 
   
Airbus’ Largest Flight Crew Training Facility Opens in Singapore
Posted: 2016 Apr 23
 
The new Airbus Asia Training Centre (AATC), established on a 9,250 square metre facility in Singapore is now open, making it the fourth Airbus flight crew training centre worldwide, alongside Toulouse, Miami and Beijing.
 
Airbus has a 55 per cent stake in the joint venture and the remaining 45 per cent is owned by Singapore Airlines. 
 
“The new centre combines the expertise of our two companies to offer the highest standards of training for the growing flight crew population in the Asia-Pacific region,” said Fabrice Brégier, Airbus President and Chief Executive Officer.
 
“Our investment in this joint venture is another example of our commitment at Airbus to bring our support services closer to our customers around the world, and especially in the key growth markets.”
 
The AATC, when fully operational will be Airbus’ largest flight crew training facility, with the capacity to offer courses for more than 10,000 trainees per year.
 
It will have eight full-flight simulators; three A350 XWBs, one A380, two A330s and two A320s.
 
Type rating and recurrent training courses will be offered at the new centre for all in-production Airbus types. 
 
The centre will also have six fixed cockpit training devices and extensive classroom facilities.
 
The new centre is located at Seletar Aerospace Park and 17 airlines from Asia and the Pacific will send their crew for training at AATC.
 
With the in-service fleet in the Asia-Pacific region forecasted by Airbus to grow from around 5,600 aircraft today to 14,000 over the next two decades, the active flight crew population employed by airlines, is expected to reach 170,000 over the same time period. 


 
 
 
 
 

NOVEMBER / DECEMBER 2017 ISSUE


2018 Events

+ MRO Middle East
(Dubai, January 23-24)


+ Singapore Airshow
(Singapore, February 6-11)


+ MRO East Asia
(Hanoi, March 7-8)


+ India Aviation
(India, March)


+ FIDAE
(Chile, April 3-8)


+ MRO Americas
(Orlando, Florida, April 10-12)


+ Farnborough
(England, July 16-20)


+ MRO EUROPE
(London, August)


+ MRO ASIA
(Singapore, October)


+ Indo Aerospace
(Indonesia, November 7-10)


+ AIRSHOW CHINA
(Zhuhai, November 6-11)
Insert your Email Address:




  Sign up today to stay up-to-date with weekly issue of Asian Airlines & Aerospace latest updates and features.  

 
 
 
 
   
 
Homepage Editorial Section Subscription Advertise Contact Us