Officials from the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Defence announced more defence deals at the ongoing air show worth 3.34 billion dirham on Day 3.
Announcing the deals at a press briefing, Major GeneralIshaq Al Balushisaid the deals were for the modernisation of the armed forces and to replenish stocks of items that had been used.
Amongst the orders announced were:
• Procurement of GBU-10 and GBU-12 Paveway laser guided bomb kits from Raytheon under a direct commercial sale (DCS). The order is worth AED 2.5 billion.
• Establishment of a remotely controlled systems training centre for the UAE by CAE Maritime Middle East LLC, in a deal value at AED 157 million.
• Purchase of 35mm air defence artillery shells from Rheinmetall Air Defence for AED 32 million.
• Maintenance services for radar systems to be provided by Beltech Export of Belarus.
• Purchase of Mk82 and Mk84 bombs from Chemical and Mechanical Industries Corporation, Turkey, worth AED 74 million.
• Modernisation of Air Tractor and Thrush aircraft by IOMAX USA, for AED 41 million.